We have a role available in our Data Science & Innovation team.
The position is best suited to either a recent graduate or a current Data Executive with less than 2 years’ experience.
We require candidates who can demonstrate strong organisation skills, fairly good proficiency with SPSS, a willingness to learn, those who are self-assured but not arrogant, and those who like to take on challenging tasks, whatever they may be.
The successful candidate will be apprentice to BMG’s Data Scientist & Chief Data Scientist and expected to shadow and develop in the role.
To be successful, candidates will have a strong desire to learn, hold a minimum of a 2:1-degree qualification or equivalent in a social science or research degree, are numerate with a good understanding of collating, manipulating and analysing data.
Relevant training and skills development opportunities will be provided to the successful candidates, who will also join the BMG Graduate Training Program.
- Basic coding of results and data checking
- Conducting basic data manipulation and cleaning tasks
- Providing support on the analysis of data
- Producing various data outputs
- Visualising results and setting up client dashboards
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- A firm grasp of data collection and statistical analysis
- Proficient with SPSS to an intermediate level (i.e. cleaning and tidying datasets, producing summary statistics and basic statistical testing)
- An ability to write clear and precise notes around data/results
- An ability to meet strict deadlines
- A keen eye for detail – spotting and correcting errors
- A willingness to take on challenging and varied tasks
- A professional, can-do attitude
Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Experience using data charting tools
- Primary research and/or fieldwork experience
Closing Date: 6 February 2019
Initial Selection Notification Date: Friday 8th February 2019
Interview Dates: Thursday 14th and Friday 15th February 2019
Start Dates: Early March thru Late April
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send a covering letter detailing why we should choose you, and an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please type “GDE FEB 19” in the subject bar.
Both covering letters and CVs should be in PDF format only.
All applicants will receive a reply, though not all will receive written feedback.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK and be prepared to undergo a basic DBS check.