In the current period where local authorities have far more choice about which research needs to address, we are working to furnish local authorities of all types and scale with up-to-date, relevant evidence to inform corporate priorities, corporate communications, service transformation and improved service delivery.
The insight we provide helps the local authorities we work with to:
- Establish the key issues and priorities in local neighbourhoods
- Involve residents in the planning and development of services
- Establish the perceived performance of local services and identify areas for improvement
- Understand the needs of vulnerable and other hard to reach customers
- Improve cost efficiency and value for money through only delivering the services that customer want
- Increase understanding of what drives and influences customer satisfaction
- Recognise the most appropriate ways to communicate to inform and influence behaviours
- Measure the reach and impact of council communications
As well as established survey approaches looking at user satisfaction, residents’ well-being and perceptions of their local areas, we commonly work to provide insight on emerging issues such as the impact of welfare reform and changes in public health responsibilities. We also have considerable experience in budget setting research, the management of citizen’s panels, mystery shopping and workshop events.