Research Executive (Birmingham or London)
Posted: April 28, 2021
Salary: £24,000 - £29,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits + Company Bonus Scheme
BMG Research is one of the UK’s largest independent research and analytics agencies. Our methods expertise, sophisticated analytics and impactful insight empowers clients to make evidence-based decisions that change behaviour among customers, stakeholders and wider society.
We have more than 30 years’ experience of supporting our clients to build and deepen their understanding of changing and ever more complex markets, people and society. We are proud to remain an independent business, driven forward by some of the brightest and most inquiring minds in our industry. We work with our clients to fully understand the challenges faced by their organisations, identify priorities for action, and evaluate the impact of change. We are curious, intelligent and focused in our thinking, supporting our clients in making smarter decisions.
Our people help government clients deliver better public services, shape public policy and guide public investment. In the commercial sectors we drive better customer and employee experiences and strengthen their brands and reputations.
We are looking for dynamic, creative and researcher to join our team and help us become ever bigger and stronger.
We require candidates who can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, are highly organised, have a willingness to learn, and have a genuine desire to help organisations improve and grow. Candidates must relish a fast-paced environment where they take on challenging tasks, learn rapidly and have the necessary support and guidance to flourish.
To be successful, candidates will have a strong desire to learn, hold a minimum of a 2:1-degree qualification or equivalent, and be numerate with a good understanding of collating and analysing data. Candidates will already have experience of primary research methods and are looking to pursue a career in a fun and exciting research setting.
Successful candidates will join the BMG Junior Training Program. This combines on-the-job and formal training and all members benefit from being part of a junior cohort. The scheme supports juniors in moving towards professional qualifications.
- Designing research materials e.g. questions and topic guides, that generate fresh insight for our clients
- Carrying out background research to support proposal and report writing
- Preparing project materials including job spec forms, coding and data analysis specs
- Preparing presentations and reports for clients to a high standard
- Client servicing and management
- Day-to-day project management; including planning, problem solving and delivery with supervision
- Analysing and investigating data to uncover impactful insights
- You will manipulate data eg. checking, cross tab, formatting charting data
- Reporting results in a clear, concise and usable way
- Writing articles for the BMG Research website
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities accompanied by good numerical skills
- An interest in, and knowledge of public sector trends and issues
- An understanding of data and statistics
- An ability to write around data/results (to tell an accurate and interesting story
- A full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective and efficient time management
- A keen eye for detail – spotting and correcting errors
- A willingness to take on challenging and varied tasks
- A professional, can-do, attitude
- Ability to think outside the box
Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Data analytics systems e.g. SPSS, Q, SAS
- Primary research and/or fieldwork
- Data charting tools