Posted: July 13, 2021
Salary: Competitive salary - Reporting to: Head of London - Location: London, with some travel to Birmingham required
BMG Research is one of the UK’s largest independent public sector research and analytics agencies. Our methods expertise, analytics and insight helps clients throughout the public realm to make evidence-based decisions that change behaviour among customers, stakeholders and wider society.
We have more than 30 years’ experience of supporting our clients to build and deepen their understanding of changing and ever more complex markets, people and society. We are proud to remain an independent business, driven forward by some of the brightest and most inquiring minds in our industry. We work with our clients to fully understand the challenges faced by their organisations, identify priorities for action, and evaluate the impact of change. We are curious, intelligent and focused in our thinking, supporting our clients in making smarter decisions.
We are a challenger brand operating in an increasingly competitive marketplace where our long-term success is dependent on excellence in client management and insight delivery allied with high quality business development activity and effective project management.
Our expansion and growth plans require us to add a Research Director to grow our capacity and help continue our expansion. The role will be hands-on with a high degree of client interaction, management of projects and line management of a team.
Research Directors are expected to be experts in our client’s world’s – understanding their sector or area of operation, their issue and bringing them solutions. They must also inspire those around them – including developing and guiding the development of others and driving company-wide improvement and growth.
Essential Skills, Experience and Capabilities
- Proven track record of performing a similar role working with a similar client base
- Excellent bid/proposal writing and leadership capabilities, including competitive pitching
- Proven ability to build trusted advisor relationships across multiple clients and stakeholders
- Able to budget, forecast and deliver revenue for client portfolio
- Ability to drive insightful and impactful deliverables
- Expert understanding of the theory and application of research methodologies and principles
- Expertise in all aspects of market research project management and execution
- Negotiates effectively to manage conflicting expectations of stakeholders to the satisfaction of clients and internal colleagues
- Expert knowledge in principles and practical application of costing and pricing
- Cultivates a learning culture in the team and proactively recognises and rewards expertise
- Builds high performing teams; nurtures talent and gets the best out of people
- Plays a lead role in resourcing, including defining structure and profile of the team
Expertise in one/more of:
- Education and skills
- Behaviour Change
- Business-to-business research
- Utilities sector
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Annual bonus scheme
BMG Research Limited is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion among our work workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief or marital status.
BMG Research Limited is a disability confident committed employer. Please tell us if you need to access this information in an alternative format.