Junior Research Executive Opportunities
Posted: June 9, 2022
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 (dependent on experience) + Benefits; Location: London (London Bridge)
Experience: Preferred but not essential
BMG Research is one of the UK’s largest independent research and analytics agencies. Our methods expertise, sophisticated analytics and impactful insight empowers clients to make evidence-based decisions that change behaviour among customers, stakeholders and wider society.
We are a challenger brand operating in an increasingly competitive marketplace where our long-term success is dependent on excellence in client management and insight delivery allied with high quality business development activity and effective project management.
We have more than 30 years’ experience of supporting our clients to build and deepen their understanding of changing and ever more complex markets, people and society. We are proud to remain an independent business, driven forward by some of the brightest and most inquiring minds in our industry. We work with our clients to fully understand the challenges faced by their organisations, identify priorities for action, and evaluate the impact of change. We are curious, intelligent and focused in our thinking, supporting our clients in making smarter decisions.
Our people help government clients deliver better public services, shape public policy and guide public investment. In the regulated industries we support clients in shaping their customer’s experiences, developing their reputations and changing customer behaviours. In the commercial sectors we drive better customer and employee experiences and strengthen their brands and reputations.
Our expansion and growth means we are able to restart our Junior Entry programmes – suspended during the Covid period. We require eager candidates looking to start their social research careers within a friendly, informal environment that provides support, training and personal development opportunities.
Successful candidates will join the BMG Junior Training Program. This combines on-the-job and formal training and all members benefit from being part of a junior cohort. The scheme supports juniors in moving towards professional qualifications – candidates have the option to be part of the Market Research Society Apprenticeship and to gain Market Research Society Advanced Certificate qualifications during their first 2 years.
- Designing research materials e.g. questions and topic guides, that generate fresh insight
- Carrying out background research to support proposal and report writing
- Preparing project materials including job spec forms, coding and data analysis specs
- Preparing presentations and reports for clients to a high standard
- Client servicing and management
- Day-to-day project delivery; including planning, problem solving and delivery with supervision
- Analysing and investigating data to uncover impactful insights
- Manipulate data e.g. checking, cross tab, formatting charting data
- Reporting results in a clear, concise and usable way
We require candidates who can demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, are highly organised, have a willingness to learn, and a genuine desire to understand people and society. Candidates must relish a fast-paced environment where they take on challenging tasks, learn rapidly and have the necessary support and guidance to flourish.
Candidates will need to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities accompanied by good numerical skills
- An interest in, and knowledge of society and current affairs
- An understanding of data and statistics
- An ability to write around data/results (to tell an accurate and interesting story
- A full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective and efficient time management
- A keen eye for detail – spotting and correcting errors
- A willingness to take on challenging and varied tasks
- A professional, can-do, attitude
- Ability to think outside the box
Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Data analytics systems e.g. SPSS, Q, SAS
- Primary research and/or fieldwork
- Data charting tools
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discount technology purchase scheme
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send us:
- An up to date CV
- 500 words on one of the following:
- A specific public policy that could have been shaped by research, and the impact that research could have had
- A description of a piece of research they have come across recently in the news and why it caught their attention
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both covering letters and CVs should be in pdf or MSWord format only.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility to work in the UK and be prepared to undergo a basic DBS check.
Closing Date: 31st July 2022
BMG Research Limited is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion among our work workforce and is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion/belief or marital status.
BMG Research Limited is a disability confident committed employer. Please tell us if you need to access this information in an alternative format.